The term “Marketing” has its existence in the world since the time immemorial. Anything which is produced or skilled at is then marketed. Earlier the way of marketing was much different due to non-availability of resources as well as no knowledge of the “online” platform. Then traders and marketers used to avail the services of televisions, radios, newspaper as the means of marketing their products and services. No doubt, these means are still in place. However, the need of the hour is digital marketing.
Why Digital Marketing has become a big deal?
This is an era of digitalization. This will ensure an impeccable career growth in digital marketing jobs. The advantage of this field is that you can start your business online with a very minimum amount.
The opportunities for a digital marketing professional are at peak this time in India. A fresher who has qualified the course in Digital Marketing can expect to earn between 3 lakhs to 6 lakhs per annum in the beginning while the experts are earning up to 40 lakhs per annum.
According to a survey, the percentage of people using the internet in the year 2013 was risen from 16 % to 31 % in the year 2014 and still goes on. Today 70-80 % of people are always active on the internet most of the times.
The skills you need to master
- Excelling in Digital marketing is not a child’s play nor is it like moving the mountains from the place. Like any other field, Digital marketing also requires a person to master many skills. Some of which are mentioned below:
- You have to be aware of the latest trends;
- You need to have specific marketing expertise;
- A blend of creativity and analytical skills;
- Designing skills;
- Content writing skills;
- Good understanding of the customer base;
- You should not what all can be sold and how;
- You need to have soft interactive skills. Etc.
- Patience and politeness.
Scope of Digital Marketing in India:
The scope of Digital marketing in India is undoubtedly very wide. The reason is that this is a field is in developing and trending position. Many business and corporate houses have started their business online, yet many are still waking up to the call that today or tomorrow they will be needing to shift from traditional to a digital platform.
And as per the reports, Digital marketing is producing of lakhs of jobs per month, and the number will be increased by the end of 2019 and one day every business house will be available online.
Following is the scope of Digital Marketing in India:
- You can become a Digital Marketing Manager: The highest position in the Digital Marketing is of DMM. He has to manage a full team. For this, you need to have done a digital marketing course and must have more than 5 to 6 years of experience in the same field post-qualifying the course.
- You can become a Professional Blogger: One of the booming career options in Digital Marketing is Blogging. Many people are taking blogging as a full-time career choice. Bloggers have a great opportunity to generate income with advertising and affiliate marketing.
- You can become a Content Marketing Manager: He has to handle drip marketing campaigns, blogs, lead generation, email communication, etc.
- You can earn with affiliate marketing and Adsense: By setting up a blog or website, one has the opportunity to generate traffic and maximum viewers. After generating good traffic, one can make a good income with affiliate marketing and Adsense technique.
- You can become a web developer or web designer: This is also covered in digital marketing, In fact, is the basic and imperative part of it. To make an online presence, any business needs a website and the sites that are designed properly are able to fetch better traffic.
- You can start working as a freelancer: Freelancing can also be called as Remote-working from anywhere in the world and collaborating with the clients online through emails as well as on phone calls. It can be taken up for a part-time or full time. Freelancing can be done in content writing, graphics designing, web developing, web designing, or digital marketing as a whole.
- You can become a YouTuber: You can choose to become a full-time YouTuber in the niche you are interested in. For that, you have to create quality content and build your audience base. Once people start subscribing and viewing your videos, you will make money with Youtube monetization.
These are a few options that you can explore. But don’t run with people. This is your race. Choose wisely. The options that suit your interest the best are meant for you. Pick up those options first. And make a healthy career out of it. Wish you all the very best.